Terms & Conditions
‘The Vendor’ refers to The Brocanteur
‘The Buyer’ refers to the person purchasing the goods.
Payment All purchases must be paid for prior to removal from the vendor’s premises – whether item(s) purchased are posted or collected in person.
Credit and debit card payments are taken securely through PayPal.
Payments can be done by bank transfer or over the phone using a card machine.
Where an item is paid for by cheque, this cheque must have cleared the bank before an item can be collected or posted. You may also pay by bank transfer.
Unless otherwise stated, goods are to be considered as used – either antique, vintage or upcycled. This means that there will inevitably be signs of wear and tear. We will mention any major structural or aesthetic defects and will also detail any repair work which has been carried out which we are aware of. If you wish to see more detailed photographs or description, please contact us prior to purchase of an item.
We do not offer any guarantee with our items although we do expect them to be fit for purpose as you receive them.
Refunds for Unwanted Items
For your peace of mind, we offer a money back guarantee if you are not entirely happy with your purchase. This is subject to the following terms:
1. The goods are returned at the buyer’s own cost in the same condition as they were sent.
2. The buyer is responsible for ensuring safe packaging and is also responsible for the item while it is in transit. Lost or damaged items will result in the refund becoming void.
3. The item must not have been modified or installed by the buyer prior to return.
4. We receive written notification within 14 days of delivery of the item of the intention to return.
5. The unwanted item is received by the vendor within 28 days of receipt by the buyer.
6. Upon satisfactory receipt of the unwanted item, a refund will be issued within 5 working days. Please note that we will not reimburse postage costs.
Responsibility for Goods in Transit
Responsibility for both the safety and security of purchased goods passes to the buyer immediately as goods are removed from the vendor’s premises in the following circumstances:
1. When the goods are collected in person. The buyer is responsible for safe transport from point of collection.
2. When the goods are collected by a courier arranged by the buyer. The vendor hands responsibility for the safe transportation to the courier once they remove the item from our premises. Any issues regarding breakage or loss must be handled by the buyer directly with their courier in accordance with the contract they have with them.
Where goods are posted by the vendor using the appointed courier, we will always use tracked postage which we feel is in everyone’s best interests. We will appropriately package items using our best care and will be responsible for the item’s safe delivery. We may also choose to locally deliver items personally and will again be responsible for items until they are delivered to the buyer.
Lost and Damaged Items
We will reimburse purchase costs for damaged items subject to compliance with points 1-3 below:
1. If your item should arrive damaged, please take a photo of the damaged item asap and contact us by email within 24 hours of receipt. Do not dispose of the damaged goods as these will be required.
2. Please return damaged goods within 7 days of delivery.
3. Upon receipt and satisfactory examination of the damaged item, a full refund including return postage will be given within 5 working days.
If your item should be lost in transit, please contact us within 7 days.
Safe Installation of Products
Heavy items such as mirrors should be securely installed using the appropriate fixings.
Approximate weight will be noted in item descriptions to aid your plans for successful installation.
Holding Items at Buyer’s Request
The vendor is more than happy to hold orders for clients for up to 60 days from payment free of charge. Unfortunately the vendor cannot subsequently offer a refund should the items not prove appropriate if an order is delivered over 30 days after receipt of payment.
The Vendor collect personal information from the buyer when they complete a transaction, an on-line form or send an e-mail. The vendor collects the following information about the buyer in order to process orders: the buyer’s name, e-mail address, delivery address and telephone number. This information is taken to enable the vendor to process a purchase request, make a delivery or respond to a query.
This information may be used to send the buyer information about products and offers from time to time. If you do not wish to receive this information, please send an email to [email protected] to remove you from such mailing lists.
Information collected about you will not be used for any other purposes and will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to any other organisations.
The buyer’s credit or debit card details are taken through a secure server for processing by the buyer’s card provider and vendor’s bank.
All information on this web site is the property of the vendor. You may print portions of our site including images and descriptions providing that you and anyone you give such information to agrees to adhere to our policies. By using the site or making a purchase, the buyer agrees to be bound by the terms.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.